Kirkland Signature Basil Pesto sauce just looks so fresh and healthy it sort of calls to you when you walk by doesn’t it? But, what can we actually make with Costco Pesto Sauce? Pesto is an easy shortcut to make tons of appetizers and meals! Basil is a versatile herb, and while it’s bursting with flavor it’s also not spicy so even picky folks often like it (like your kids!)! Pesto is sort of easy to make yourself, basically it’s just basil, pine nuts, olive oil and parmesan cheese blended into a sauce. Buuuuut you need fresh basil, pine nuts and to break out your food processor (and clean it after) and that’s a lot of work for weeknight dinners. Pesto sauce is delicious and flavorful, but it doesn’t overpower foods and thus we can use it to easily and quickly prepare a wide variety of foods.
Be sure you follow on Instagram and join our Facebook group!
Kirkland Signature brand Basil Pesto is no exception the rule, and given it’s obviously out-of-the-jar easy factor, it’s a recommended buy in our book!
Now, for the fun part…how can we prepare Costco Pesto sauce? It’s so good you might want to try all these great easy Kirkland Signature Pesto sauce ideas!
10 Things You Can Make Easily Using Kirkland Signature Basil Pesto Sauce
- Dip crusty Italian bread or garlic bread in it
- Use pesto instead of mayo, goes great with turkey and provolone panini
- Add pesto to your avocado toast
- Top your scrambled eggs with pesto
- Top ricotta with pesto and eat on toast or pasta
- Toss with angel hair and top with parmesan chicken or garlic shrimp
- Use in cold pasta salad with fresh cucumber and tomato
- Add pesto on top of pizza or use it instead of pizza sauce (especially delicious with fresh mozzarella!)
- Toss with your favorite roasted veggies and tortellini for an easy one bowl meal
- Serve on the side of salmon
Quick Weeknight Recipe Ideas Using Costco Pesto Sauce
- Spread Kirkland pesto on pounded chicken breasts and top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses; roll up and secure with a toothpick. Dip roll in a beaten egg and bread with panko or italian breadcrumbs, sauté in some olive oil until browned, finish in the oven.
- Toss Kirkland pesto sauce with pasta, ravioli or cheese tortellini and add a combination of a few of the following for a quick, easy and foodie friendly pasta meal:
- goat cheese
- pine nuts
- roasted red peppers
- diced tomato
- ricotta cheese
- diced chicken
- blackened salmon
- fresh mozzarella
- roasted broccoli
- blanched spinach
- blanched kale
- feta cheese
- fresh basil