This weekend we met some friends and their kiddos at FUNBOX for some play and photo opp time. FUNBOX is a pop-up museum in The Oaks Mall located in Thousand Oaks, CA. FUNBOX is loaded with fun things to play on/in and even more great photo opps for parents. My kids had a great time and all of the Moms got lots of great pics! Win, Win. Sponsored.
FUNBOX is designed using toys as the basis for it’s large-art installations including pool noodles, giant crayons, teddy bears and much, much more.
features & things to do
- enter through a teddy bear tunnel
- become an Angel
- hang upside down in a living room
- meet life size emojis
- swing amongst gigantic crayons
- fall into walls of pool noodles
- swim in a giant bowl of fruit loops cereal
- The lighting was a little tricky on some of the installations, and I would recommend bringing a selfie clip light like this. I used color story to edit my images, you can always DM me to get my presets 🙂
- There isn’t a bathroom inside, so take kids to the bathroom before you go inside. There is a bathroom right around the corner and its pretty nice and clean. There is also a family restroom and nursing room. I was pleased to find that The Oaks is a very family friendly mall!
- We spent 2 hours going through…so I’d recommend going right after breakfast or lunch so you don’t have hungry kids wanting to leave to get food before you are finished.
- Make sure your battery is fully charged!
Fun Box actively supports RaisingHOPE, Inc., a Thousand Oaks based local non-profit that provides services for dependent children, non-minor dependents, parents of dependent children and foster parents or relative caregivers. To learn more about RaisingHOPE, Inc please visit their website at http://www.raisinghope.org/
FUNBOX was tons of fun! Let me know if you go!! Looking for more fun things to do in Los Angeles? Check out my Holiday List of Family Events!